Friday, June 11, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

Mmmm! Who doesn't love rice cereal? I decided to try some out this week because Mya has been drinking soooo much milk and it was a little tough to keep up with her demands. The first time through, she didn't quite know what to think. It was super runny and didn't look appealing to me, but whatever. After that, I started thickening it up and she seems to like it! I thought it would be an adjustment for her having to figure out the spoon and what to do with her tongue, but she's figured out how everything works! She has realized what the spoon means now because when I bring the spoon to her mouth, she opens wide!



Mya is truly a riot. It takes so little to amuse her! She entertains herself for longer periods of time, which I appreciate so I can throw in a load of laundry or something!


Mya's bath times have been hysterical over the last week. She flails around like a fish out of water and splashes with both her arms and legs. She then gets distracted with her wet hands and starts to suck on them...in any case it's been pretty funny! However, I feel like I need to be extra careful with her. My mom was giving her a bath and she braced her legs on the bottom of the tub and basically flipped herself over! I thought my poor mom was going to have a heart attack! I may need to fashion some straps in that tub for her!!


This week I had to go into work for 2 days for end of the year teacher in-service. I've never been away from Mya for such a long period of time! Sunday night was rough because it set in. However, she was in good hands. On Monday my dad took care of her and on Tuesday Greg had her. I only called to check in once each of those days, I didn't want to annoy them! My sneaky mom took this picture of Mya and emailed it to me at work on Monday. Notice the blurry arm? Typical. She is constantly in motion!!!


On a sad note, my friend and colleague, Margo, lost her battle with cancer this morning.
Last May, my mom and I joined Margo's friends and family at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Minneapolis. It was an honor to walk with her and my mom in support of everyone affected by this horrible disease. We shared in so many laughs and it was a pretty awesome time!
Margo was an inspirational woman who faced her challenge with class and humor. To reinforce her sense of humor, she had gotten me a picture book last year entitled Chicken Cheeks, which is a book entirely about animal behinds! In it she wrote,
To Alissa,
For your wonderful support and caring attitude. I will never forget it!
Love,
Margo
P.S. For your future children...may they have a great sense of humor.

Someday, I'll read this book to Mya and tell her about a woman who never gave up on anything, especially her sense of humor, and should be considered a role model for all.



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that she loved the rice cereal! Have you been giving it to her every day now? Does she sleep any longer? Good for Mya! She seems to be a pretty easy girl to have around. She could have taught Emma a thing or two at that age I think! :) Love all of the pictures as usual! I think she and Emma would have a blast in the tub together! They'd never want to get out! Still can't believe about Margo either. :( She will definitely be missed by so many people!!

    ReplyDelete