Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the Move!

Last week when we went into the doctor for Mya's 6 month check up, he said to try out "big people" food with her.  He said if one of us were eating a bagel, rip off a chunk and let her have some too!  We tried some watermelon this week, she wasn't sure what to do with it!  I think she liked the sweetness, but hasn't figured out how to manipulate small pieces yet!  Something to work on!


She does, however, continue to love baby food.  I made a big supply of baby food up a while back and she's been gobbling it up.  Sometimes the texture of a food is a little different than what she apparently likes so she'll make the gagging face.  BUT, we've found, if you add bananas to anything, she'll lap it up like a dog!  Not kidding, I've mixed bananas into her squash and peas!  What a gross combination, but she seems to like it!


Well, a couple months ago Mya faked us out with a tooth.  One was starting to come up, but then went back down.  Her doctor said that was normal.  This week she's been more clingy and fussy than usual and we discovered she has a tooth cutting through on the bottom.  She's pretty sensitive about it right now and doesn't like our fingers in her mouth to feel around, but this morning, we think, it's definitely cut through.  Poor kid!


Mya has been doing a lot of visiting lately.  She's been to the hospital tons of times to visit her Grampa Bruce.  We're happy to say that he's doing so well and will actually be released on Friday!


I started back at work on Thursday and so Grandma Pat watched Mya.  It sounds like they were busy girls!  The went to visit Mya's Great Grandma Ruth, as well as the Hull kids.  It also sounds like they went bumming around to Farm and Fleet and Menards!  No wonder she was so tired when she got home that night!



Mya has been in constant motion.  She's making the first steps in crawling.  She gets her heinie up in the air and moves her legs, but still hasn't quite figured out how the arms move along with it.  I'm thinking it's not going to be too long before she's mobile.  And just this morning she grabbed a Rubbermaid tote and pulled herself up on it.  Guess I'd better start strapping all of the furniture down to the floor!


And I'll leave you with my favorite picture of the moment.  I put her on the grass and she just started smiling.  This pose looks like it could be her senior picture down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment