This was quite the eventful week...hence the reason the blog has been neglected since last Sunday! My dad ended up being hit by a bicyclist, hit his head on the cement, and needed emergency surgery. He ended up fracturing his skull and there was bleeding on the inside and outside of the brain. He was in CCU for a few days, a step-down floor for a couple days, and now is on the rehabilitation floor at Sacred Heart Hospital. He will be there until September 9th.
He is re-learning everything all over again. His right side is weak and his speech has been impaired. However, he has been making some amazing progress in the last few days. Earlier in the week he would say one unidentifiable sentence over and over. He hasn't been saying it as much and is now saying words we understand. He communicates with us with small words, writing on paper, and writing letters in the air. It will be a long journey for him, but he's a stubborn guy and I don't think he wants to be in the hopsital any longer than he has to!
Needless to say, this week has been quite the roller coaster. I was MIA for a few days and so Greg and his family really helped me out a ton.
Mya spent a few days at her Grandma and Grandpa Telisak's house. She got to play with her cousins Nadya and William. I wonder what these two little girls will be like when Mya gets old enough! Lots of dancing, twirling, and tutus, I'm sure!
I managed to get into school a couple days too. Our school is not air conditioned and I picked the hottest, most humid day I could to go in! Mya chilled out a little bit and then Greg brought her back home. Just too hot for the babe!
And a few other fun ones for the week...
Mya looooves giving kisses!
I still can't believe what happened to your dad - that is unreal. I'm glad he seems to be making progress each day! I hope things continue to look up for you and your family! I love all the cute pictures of Mya, as usual. :)
ReplyDelete