Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sick Days


Both Greg and I will be extremely glad when warmer weather rolls around.  Warmer weather usually means no more cold and flu season!  This week we both got strep.  Ha ha...get your jokes in here now.
I'm thinking that I've had it for a while, but just chalked it up to a cold.  However, I've had  4 kids in the last month in my classroom out with strep, so my best guess is that I got it from one of those little buggers.  In any case, Greg and I got it and Mya DID NOT!  Daycare went on vacation on Friday and it was supposed to be a Daddy and Mya day.  Instead, it ended up being a family day because I wasn't allowed at school!

Mya's into everything.  She enjoys taking the cover off of the ottoman, placing it on the floor, and trying to stand on it.  This morning she plopped her little heinie on it and was so excited with herself for getting her whole butt on there, not just one cheek!


With family time comes silly time.  Greg put her in the ottoman.  She thought it was funny!



We also broke out a toy she had gotten for Christmas, but hadn't been opened yet.  Great idea because it was like Christmas all over again!  She has been so entertained with her little farm!  She especially likes stuffing the animals into the silo.  She does get a little testy when her arm gets stuck, though!



We have a feeling Mya is going to be a lefty.  She uses both hands to manipulate things, but when it comes to fine motor things, like grabbing for food, she uses her left hand.  In this particular picture she was feasting on chicken tetrazzini and was SHOVELING it into her mouth with her left hand.  I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment