Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Bash!


It sure was a whirlwind weekend!  On Saturday we celebrated Mya's 1st birthday!  We were so fortunate to have so many family members able to come!
My mom and dad came down on Thursday evening to watch Mya for us on Friday.  However, I ended up having Friday off and so we all got one extra day together!  It was actually turned out to be super because my mom and I were able to get all of the food made up ahead of time!  I could not have done it without my mom!!!!



Auntie Beck and Uncle Doug were the first to arrive and Mya enjoyed showing Uncle Doug where her tummy is.  Look how big it is!


Then the two of them started hiding the ladybug under their shirts.  It provided a lot of entertainment for everyone else!


I kind of figured that Mya wouldn't be all that interested in opening her presents, but she didn't do too bad!  She loved the ribbons on top of the presents and tissue paper inside the bags!




We got her a baby doll and it turned out to be a very good choice!  She got so excited when she saw it that she was almost knocked Greg over to get at it!  She wasn't very patient at waiting for it to be taken out of its package!


Uncle Noah got her a really fun (and loud) musical Winnie the Pooh train.  Mya loves it!  She especially loves hitting buttons over and over and over!!  I will remember this gift when Noah has children of his own someday!  :)




The theme of the day was monkeys!  Greg's mom made the best looking monkey cake ever!  It turned out sooooo cute and tasted even better!


Mya also got her own baby smash cake.  I wasn't sure what she would do with it.  She tasted the frosting very gingerly and didn't dig in as much as I thought she would!  She did, however, need a bath immediately afterward!




It was a super special day and we were so thrilled to be able to spend the day with our families.  
Our little love bug turns one on Thursday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment