We made a quick trip into school this week to drop off a tadpole...more on that in a minute. Anyway, my 2nd grade class chipped in and bought Mya a bank as a "Welcome to the World" present. It's so adorable! Her name as well as ladybugs are on it! It was so thoughtful of them to do this for her!! Anybody have some loose change for the college fund? :)
Now the tadpole story...every school year I have to do budgeting for the next school year. We study the life cycle of a frog in 2nd grade and so I purchased a tadpole habitat for which you have to send away for the actual tadpole. I sent in the coupon for the tadpole in August because we were studying animals at the beginning of the school year AND the kit said it would only take 8 weeks for delivery. Well, the darn tadpole never came and I just kind of gave up on it. Well, I was out of town last weekend and Greg called me letting me know that there was a strange package that had arrived at our house...it was the tadpole! I quickly got a hold of my sub and asked if she would want it in the classroom. I delivered it on Wednesday and now the tadpole has a new home and name...Skywalker. Can you tell that the boys in my class had a strong pull in the name vote? :)
sooo cute! i love the picture and the piggy bank. :) and what a coincidence, my kiddos did the same thing for emma although hers doesn't say her name. :) i can tell mya is becoming more alert and i love her little smiles!
ReplyDelete