Little Ellison is one punctual baby! Our journey to meet her started on Monday, March 31st. I had been having contractions on and off for weeks, but Monday night things started to feel a little different. I didn't think much of it because I didn't want to get my hopes up. I went to bed around 9 p.m. and not even 10 minutes after I laid down, my water broke. The nervousness set in immediately!
I called my midwife on call and she wanted me to come in soon because I was GBS positive. I quickly called my parents and they were down in no time to pick up Mya. We arrived at the hospital around 10:15 p.m. I was having some contractions, but nothing major. I was checked and already 4-5 centimeters dilated. By 11 p.m., the contractions were coming regularly and with more force. It's really amazing how you can block out the pain of contractions from previous deliveries! My midwife suggested it would be a good time to get the epidural just because the contractions were intensifying very quickly. I got an epidural around 12:30 a.m. and it was the best thing! Other than my legs feeling completely full of lead, I couldn't feel one contraction.
My midwife wanted me to rest while the labor progressed, but I don't think I slept at all because of all the adrenaline pumping! I had no idea how far I was dilated until the nurse called for the midwife because it looked like I was ready to push. I pushed twice and little Ellison was here and ready to meet us!
She was born on Tuesday, April 1st at 3:51 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 21 inches long. I cried when I saw her. Shocker! She was beautiful and I was just so thankful that she was healthy and here.
The next couple of days were a whirlwind and were exhausting. We had our families come and visit and meet the newest member of our family.
| with Aunt Tanya |
I wish I would have recorded Mya when she entered the hospital room. It was priceless. The pure joy that she had in her radiated throughout that room. She was beyond excited to meet her baby sister!
| meeting Grama Shell |
| and Grampa Bruce |
| with Grandma Pat |
| with Uncle Pat |
| with Aunt Tina |
| with Grandpa Steve |
Ellie had some low levels of jaundice in her system. As a preventative measure, she was put under a UV light to flush the jaundice out. She hated it. It was probably the little raccoon mask that she hated the most, but in any case, it wasn't comfortable for her. She couldn't be held and couldn't be wrapped up in a cozy blanket. We tried to keep her under there as much as possible. Thankfully her levels didn't rise all that much, so we could still be released on schedule.
By Thursday, we were very ready to head home and start to figure out this family of 4 thing!
So far, Ellie has a very laid-back attitude. She sleeps waaaaay more than Mya ever did at this stage. She loves to snuggle under a warm blanket and be held by mom and dad. She is a little sweetie. We are so very lucky to have two very special little girls in our lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment