Mya is enrolled in a Totnastics class through Parks and Rec. The title said that it is a Parent and Child class, but it is definitely not that! The first day, I expected to follow her around to the different areas and work with her. Nope. Those little kids are led by their instructor and are totally self-sufficient!
I have said for a while that I think she'll either do something like soccer or gymnastics. Well, she is definitely a little gymnast! I am amazed at how well she balances and her upper arm strength. She is also a really good listener and does what is asked of her.
Each class they do a tumbling rotation, uneven bars, vault and balance beam. Mya says that her favorite part is the balance beam. They have them hopping on the beam, running on the vault and swinging on the bars. She is braver than I am!
She is so proud of herself!!
And in other sporting news, Mya has passed out of her Level 2 swimming class! Yahoo! She will move onto the Otter level when she turns 4. And that means Mom and Dad don't have to be in the water anymore! Double yahoo!
She had such a fun time swimming and is more than ready to take on the next water adventure!


No comments:
Post a Comment