Thursday, July 15, 2010

Uh Oh!


Poor little Mya. Last night Greg was changing her diaper and rolled her over. Only her fat little arm got stuck under her. I heard a pop and she started crying hysterically. Cries that I've never heard come from her before. She was waving her right arm frantically, but wasn't moving her left arm much at all. The decision was made to head into the E.R. to get it checked out. Mya's elbow actually was dislocated. The E.R. doctor said it's a very common thing, called Nursemaid's Elbow, among babies. He popped her elbow back into place and almost instantly she stopped crying and began moving her arm around. He reassured us that we aren't bad parents and this happens more than people think...but I still felt horrible about it.


Thankfully Mya won't remember her first trip to the emergency room. She is perfectly happy this morning and playing and rolling around like normal! Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment