While we were in the hospital, we had to watch some DVD's on babies and parenting. I honestly didn't pay attention to much of it, but one part of it said that babies find hairdryers and vacuum cleaners to be soothing. Seemed kind of strange to me. One day last week I had Mya in the baby carrier and was doing some housework. I turned on the vacuum cleaner and BOOM, she was out like a light!
I ended up going back home to Eau Claire for a few days while Greg was working. Mya had not been sleeping well at night and then the next day didn't want to take naps. Needless to say, she was a bear when it was bedtime! She was obviously overtired and was screaming...not typical of Mya. (Overwhelmed didn't even begin to describe how I felt!) I told my parents about the vacuuming incident and we decided to try it again. Not kidding, within moments of turning on the vacuum cleaner, she calmed down, closed her eyes and fell asleep. For whatever the reason is, she loves the vacuum cleaner. I'm guessing we're going to have the cleanest floors in Winona if this keeps up!
guess i should have paid more attention to the videos at the hospital, as well. maybe i would have gotten a little more sleep back in the day!
ReplyDelete