Sunday, March 7, 2010

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

Introductory Note: Well, this is my attempt at becoming tech savvy! My hope is to update this blog weekly, or as time allows, with pictures and stories of life with Mya!

As most of you know I had an awesome pregnancy, that is, until the last month when I began swelling up like a hot air balloon and my blood pressure began to steadily rise. On February 14th I was put on half-day bed rest and four days after that I was put on complete bed rest. It was not an ideal situation for me, but by that point I wasn't feeling "normal" and was totally burnt out. My midwife scheduled an induction for the morning of February 24th.


On the morning of the induction (I wasn't kidding when I said I looked like a balloon!!)


Pitocin was started at 9:00, my midwife broke my water at 10:00 and the contractions came almost instantly. Around noon I got an epidural (my lifesaver) and life was good! They turned the Pitocin off around 2:00 because my body was doing what it was supposed to be doing. I knew going into this day that it probably would be a long labor. But, at 4:10 I was ready to push and at 4:33 p.m. little Mya Michelle made her entrance into this world! She weighed in at 6 pounds, 10 ounces and 19 1/4 inches long.


I know that we are a bit biased, but we think she is absolutely beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment