Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our Days

My summer days are quickly dwindling.  It makes me sad to think that I'll be taking care of 18 little people all day instead of my own.  Oh well...I am lucky to have the time off that I do.  

You may wonder what we do with our days.  Well, it sure is a hodgepodge of stuff!  We take advantage of nice weather and go for walks or to the park.  Some days we head to the Children's Museum or go do some bumming around town.  A big chunk of our time is spent at home.  Mya loves playing outside in her sandbox and especially with the neighbor girls, whom she calls her "cousins."  


But, my favorite part of our home time are the projects we do.  My daughter loves learning.  I cannot tell you how excited/proud that makes me!  She wants to always be doing something "school-like."  We have been working a lot on tracing lines, letters and numbers.  She can write "Mya," "Mom," and "Dad."  We work a lot on using scissors and glue sticks to enhance her fine motor skills.  She is very interested in letters on signs and shirts and we are working on letter recognition.  I don't want to push her into learning, it just seems to be coming naturally and she is very much interested.






Mya's favorite part is most definitely the art projects that we do!  She loves painting, coloring, drawing and creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment