For Mya's birthday, we took her to the Mall of America for a little adventure. She was a fantastic little rider in the car. She read books, used the Kindle and munched on some snacks.
For the most part, she sat really well in the stroller. She wasn't asserting her independence too much and wanting to walk instead of ride. That can always be a challenge.
Our first stop was The Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Mya LOVED the large gorillas that moved. She watched them so intently and laughed hysterically when they "woke up."
Then we went on some rides in the park. It's a good thing that Grama Shell has a tough stomach, because she went on all the spinny rides that I can't ever seem to do. Phew...thanks, Grama!
It seemed like everyone and their neighbor was at the MOA on this particular day. I ran into one of my 3rd grade teaching partners, a student and two teachers from Arcadia. Talk about a small world!! In any case, it was busy and after the rides we went to the Disney Store. The plan was to let Mya pick out a few gifts for her birthday. The place was packed and my patience was thin. Mya did well, considering the chaos in the store. She chose a Rapunzel and Merida doll. I also picked up on some new nightgowns for her.
Mya was all kinds of exhausted after the rides and shopping, so she zonked out for about an hour. I don't know how she managed to sleep in that place, but she did!
After we got tired of the mall, we went back to the hotel. I'm glad we got a room because I think all 3 of us were beyond tired!!! We got some food, played on the Kindle and called it a night!
Mya's favorite part of the weekend was probably riding on this cart and riding on the alligator...a.k.a. elevator. That was a huge thrill for her!!







No comments:
Post a Comment