Yep, she's 3 years old! Our little Mya is not so little anymore.
Here are some things you might want to know about our 3 year old...
Eating: She is muuuuuuch better when it comes to eating! Veggies are still a challenge, but she's branching out to eat normal meals with us like pork chops, meatloaf, chicken. She must have finally gotten tired of eating her five favorite meals! She still loves her chicken nuggets, yogurt, cheese, crackers, fruit, mac and cheese and pretzels. She's not much of a sweet eater, but she loves frosting on cake and cupcakes!
What She Likes: Mya is obsessed with dressing up...we have a lot of princess dresses in our house! She also loves art projects, playing with dolls, reading books (especially Pete the Cat), singing, dancing, playing games, cuddling at nap time or bed time, looking at pictures and helping out with the cleaning.
What She Doesn't Like: Being told she can't do something...that's the biggest one. She is much better in the tantrum throwing area, so I'm relieved with that!
Other Tidbits: We can rationalize with her. She wants to know how things work (she already asked how Santa got into our house). She is so empathetic toward others feelings (for example, I wasn't feeling well and she wanted to wrap me up in blankets. She then asked if I wanted to cuddle or take a nap with her.). Mya loves to learn and we are constantly told how much of a little student she is. She loves drawing pictures of people, especially with their belly buttons!
What this past year has taught me, more than ever, is to cherish what we have and those we have in our lives. I can't begin to tell you how lucky I feel to be her mommy. This little girl is so special to us and brings constant joy and laughter to our lives. Don't get me wrong, she's like any typical toddler and has her normal 3 year old moments. But, she's truly a terrific kid. How lonely we would be without her. Happy birthday, little buddy!
| Mya requested grilled cheese sandwich for her birthday dinner. I brought it to her with 3 candles and sang "Happy Birthday." She was beyond pleased! |


Love the raincoat and boots picture!!
ReplyDelete