Happy Memorial Day! We went down to the park this morning for Winona's annual Memorial Day program. It was really nice and the three of us had a great time! I know that Mya doesn't know the half of what we drag her to, but I think it's important to instill respect and appreciation in her early on.
Mya did remarkably well during the program. She didn't want to sit in her stroller, so she spent most of it on my lap playing with the little boy sitting next to us. Mya is not afraid of other kids. She kept leaning over and petting the little guy's arm and hair. He didn't seem to mind.
For her birthday, my parents got Mya a Cozy Coupe. For the longest time it was half put together. Greg put the rest of it together this afternoon while Mya was napping. When she woke up and saw it, she got this huge grin on her face. I tried convincing her to take it out on the deck, but she must have thought I was trying to trick her or something because she kept shaking her head "no" and put a death grip on the car. Finally, I lured her with crackers and juice and got her outside with the car!
| Practicing her parade wave |
Mya likes to be Daddy's little helper. She is so interested in what he's up to, especially when it involves tools...even more when it's power tools.
So, I picked up the most non-girly thing possible...a tool set! She loves it! She bangs nails with a hammer and can use the drill with ease. Maybe she'll be handy like her dad!
Just because I said she can use a drill with ease doesn't mean that she knows how to properly use it yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment