Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Falls Face First in the Snow!


In preparation of the anticipated snowfall, Mya broke out her thematic snow days shirt on Friday!  She and I layed pretty low today.  We stayed in comfy jammies all day long!  After her nap, I wanted to see what she would do in the snow.  She liked it at first...


...after a minute or so, she wasn't so fond of it... 

 ...and when she decided she'd had enough and would try to escape, she tipped over!
I had a hunch she wouldn't like it at this age, but heck, I had to get a few cute pictures of her in her snowsuit!


I gave Mya mac and cheese for lunch today and it was a success!  I tried to give it to her on a spoon first and of course, she spit it out.  Once I put it on her tray, she gobbled it right up.  Apparently she had to be the one to feed herself.  At her 9 month check-up, her doctor said she would start "asserting her independence."  Check!


We've been giving her a sippy cup with either juice or water.  She's still working on the concept of sucking hard.  But I found a sippy cup with a different lid, so she's actually able to bite/chew on it and water comes out.  I'm sure she'll be a sippy cup pro in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment